After being involved in the program for 4 years these are the things I’ve seen what Project Healing Waters can do for Vets. There may be others out there, but these are from my first hand experiences.
~ Stan Kaufman
- Overcoming Physical Limitations.
- Improving Dexterity and Fine Motor Skills
- Overcoming Depth Perception issues
- Learning Fly Tying even with Physical Challenges
- Improved Focus and Concentration
- Developing New Friendships
- Camaraderie with other Vets that have faced similar challenges
- Learning Fly Fishing and Outdoor skills that can be used for a lifetime
- Building Confidence in Oneself
- Learning the Importance Team Work by Working and Fly Fishing with others
- Being more comfortable around larger groups of people
- Coexisting with Nature
- Feeling Peace when in or on the water
- Getting out of your “safe zone”and being comfortable.
- Developing Presentation Skills